How long can I borrow materials from the library?
To borrow materials from the library, all borrowers must have a current, valid Northwestern University WildCARD or valid Northwestern University Law School Alumni Borrowing Card. The loan periods for law library items vary:
- Law students, medical school students,Northwestern undergraduate students and staff may borrow materials for 12 weeks.
- Alumni and authorized guests may borrow books for 28 days.
- Northwestern faculty, ABF faculty and Northwestern graduate students may charge books out for 1 year.
- Reserve materials may be charged out for 4 hours.
- Reserve Study Aids may be charged out until the library's closing on the following day.
- Laptop and phone chargers may be charged for 4 hours.
- Other equipment available at the circulation desk, such as laptop locks and lamps, may be charged out until the end of the day.
A due date could be shortened in the following circumstances:
- The item is recalled by another user; in this circumstance, you would be notified via email of the new due date and overdue fines of $1 per day will apply if not returned by the new due date.
- Your WildCARD expires during the loan period; in this circumstance, your materials are due on your WildCARD expiration date
Updated: Jul 31, 2019